Monday 29 November 2010

Bleak House

I have been following loads of your blogs and you are all thinking of how you are going to decorate your houses and projects this christmas, well I am having a bleak time here.

Somerset house is set in 1810-1820, thus before the christmas tree was place in the home, and The Georgians had very little decorations.

My toy shop has no room for a tree and decorations, I have tried in previous years.

My childhood kitchen, my mum would never allow decorations in here.

So I'm stumped, I think decorations here will have to be on just the big scale, unless I come up with a plan for another project, or should I just ignore the period of my house and put a tree in there anyway, I did have a tree the first christmas, but realised it was Victorian not Georgian and I have always checked the timeline of items to ensure everything is right.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, if you want to remain true to the time you have set your house in, that would be a problem. But you could still decorate with greens and holly, put out lots of food and maybe have your residents stage a play or so. My house is from the 1730's but I have it set in the present, so I can do anything I like ;) I do like the Georgian era though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big problem! Do you think, I bought a Christmas tree for the Victorian home and maybe not use it because I do not like ...
    I believe that you could decorate a room in the house with natural wreaths with something red, greeting cards on the mantel, candles ...
    But I'm sure you'll find something, in a certain box ...
    ;-)
    Mini hugs, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, I would hate to see you waste a good christmas scene by staying true to a period. Why not just forgoe the era just for christmas only. Deoorate up that house. In a pretend mind frame - the house could have been bought by some modern day people & renovated. After all it does have lighting thru out it. Something that is modern day. Enjoy & have fun playing with the beautiful house that you built!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts from friendly Bloggers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails