Sunday, 23 September 2012


 The railing were alot easier to put together than I first thought, I decided to drill them into the pavement rather than have them on a ridge, I was unable to find anything which looked right as the ridge. Because I have gone away from the kit, I am doing this as I go along, finding solutions and hopefully not many problems.
 The first thing I did was to stop the steps to the house moving, I drilled through the bottom step and the pavement, using a post with a longer bottom, to hold it all together, so simple and so effective. I used a ink pad to mark where to drill holes.
 The holes are not to near the back of the pavement so every thing is safe, I cut down the post for the house steps, so every thing would match.
 I still have loads to do, I have to sort the post for the other side of the house steps, once I have sorted them I shall glue all the post in place, I did think I would use a chain to link each post from step to step, but it's not needed. The railings do look good, they will hold them selves up, without having to add anything. I will have some over, but I have no plans for using them.
I now have to decide if I want to paint the rails around the terrace garden, white or shiny black, I will have to think about it.
I will try and make time for my house, I have enjoyed this afternoon, I promise not to make you wait so long for my next post.


Related Posts with Thumbnails