This is the story of my Dolls House project, set in 1820 I am recreating a historic town house of the period.
I start this blog in my 5th year, alot of the house is finished I have just the street, terrace garden and the roof space to build. The house is now gone, but the blog lives on.
The railing were alot easier to put together than I first thought, I decided to drill them into the pavement rather than have them on a ridge, I was unable to find anything which looked right as the ridge. Because I have gone away from the kit, I am doing this as I go along, finding solutions and hopefully not many problems.
The first thing I did was to stop the steps to the house moving, I drilled through the bottom step and the pavement, using a post with a longer bottom, to hold it all together, so simple and so effective. I used a ink pad to mark where to drill holes.
The holes are not to near the back of the pavement so every thing is safe, I cut down the post for the house steps, so every thing would match.
I still have loads to do, I have to sort the post for the other side of the house steps, once I have sorted them I shall glue all the post in place, I did think I would use a chain to link each post from step to step, but it's not needed. The railings do look good, they will hold them selves up, without having to add anything. I will have some over, but I have no plans for using them.
I now have to decide if I want to paint the rails around the terrace garden, white or shiny black, I will have to think about it.
I will try and make time for my house, I have enjoyed this afternoon, I promise not to make you wait so long for my next post.