About Me

My photo

I'm married to Kev, just two of us left at home, all kids are couples now and happy.

Monday, 20 May 2013

New floor from old

I am now looking at doing the floor, in Somerset House I did a wood block floor, which I glued to cardboard, so I could still get to the lighting. I saved the floor cards, just in case. 
I have decided to reuse these, my new project has a very large floor space, and as each room was a slightly different shade I could not just put them together.
 So to reuse the blocks, I laid wet paper kitchen towel over the under side card, and when it was mushy I scraped the card away from the blocks. It did not take long for the card to get soaked.
 I am left with the blocks still stuck together, but whilst still damp I am able to separate them, I need loads so I have three floors to break down. I will mix the colours together, and reattach to new card board templates.
Not all the blocks can be used, I have have enough to do the main floor at no cost to me. So I am going back to my task, once I have all single blocks again, I will have to wait until they are dry and then stick them and sand them.
It's not the best task, but once done I will be really chuffed.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my what a job but will look great when done

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - I don't think I would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts from friendly Bloggers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails