Friday 8 October 2010

Coming together

I have done some work on my house this week. In the past couple of months I have done loads of cross stitch finishing a large project, so now I have more time. I wanted to rebuild the basement extension and terrace garden. Firstly I had to find all the components to make the basement. That was fun, I could not find the back wall, it would be easy to spot because I have put bricks on it, I cleared out under my stairs where I keep all these things, not there. I checked out my drawers in the Attic, not there. So in the end I had to make a new back wall.

I need to brick the back wall to make it look like a cellar, I will also make a rack for all the wine bottles. The two barrels will stay on the right hand side. The other thing is I had a large dresser placed in here and yet again I can't find that, I can't believe I would have thrown it out in our house move, it has to be here somewhere. I love the two little candle holders, I brought them at a show last year, there would be no electric this part of the house.

I also cut doors in the main house, leading from the ballroom out to the garden, when I first planned this house I had the room as a dinning room, but then as we do I changed it. I have not done much with the garden, my plans were always to wait until we moved, the plan now is to complete the gardens. I do have a fountain, I have purchased a very small pump to have a water in the garden, but I think this will not happen.I have a tree to make and I want a garden wall at the back. I will put hedges around the garden, and add flowers, with two large displays in the front planters.

This week I want to go through my house tiding each room, moving across the office has knocked over a few items. The lights all work which is good, and as the darker evenings approach, I can have my lights on more often with nice effects.

7 comments:

  1. Marlene, the house is going to be outstanding when you finish. I especially like the garden. Can't wait to see it finished....I am so glad that I am not the only one that loses the stuff that I need, just when I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene your house looks lovely. Love the idea of the wine racks and the barrels. Your garden looks nice. I am glad I am not the only one that 'misplaces' things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. El punto de cruz usa mucho tiempo. Me alegro que no abandones esta casa, los avances están perfectos.
    Aprovecho para felicitarte por ser la ganadora del sorteo de Peggy.
    Besos Clara

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh!!!very beautiful house and very lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great house you're making. I wanted to let you know you won my give-away. Please contact me to let me know your address so I can send you your prize. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Estas haciendo maravillosos progresos en la casita.
    Enhorabuena por haber sido la ganadora del sorteo de Peggy.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice ideas. Your wine room is going to look nice once you finish it. I love the patio. How did you make the stones? And the 2 planters on the right side of the railing - did you make those? Those are cool looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts from friendly Bloggers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails