Sunday 20 February 2011

Getting there

Here you can see how I place the bricks, I like to mark the wall with lines, this helps to keep the rows level. I spread the glue on the wall and then just place the bricks, I was able to do the whole wall in one quick sitting.
I cut a hole in the back wall and glued the door and frame in, often I make a fake wall to sit the door in, but here I had the option I chose whilst making up the attic. I have painted all three area's the same colour, I have stippled the left side, the disc in the wall is Dolls House Emporium, I wanted this to be seen on the inside. I have not stained the floor, it's so high most of the time I will be looking up and not see the floor. I have also added two plugs for lighting, I always use plugs, so I am able to change the lighting without having to go to the back of the house.

Last photo from the side, I am very happy so far, I have just the internal walls for the maids room to put in, the paint is still drying on them.


That's it for now, I have had fun this weekend, I hope to start the tiger skin rug this week.

6 comments:

  1. This is looking so good Marlene - what bricks do you use??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic labor of love! :] The bricks have such a great texture and very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks relly great!My best Compliments!
    Hugs
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You really do have lots of brick work to do! I did a fireplace insert and it took forever!
    Your house is going to be magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you worked really hard!
    The result is truly gorgeous :-)
    Mini hugs, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for showing us how it is done - for us that havent bricked the exterior of a house with cardboard before. I can imagine how labor intensive it is. Great job! It looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts from friendly Bloggers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails